A new era is unfolding with the start of spring at Tulalip Resort Casino’s Cedars Café. We will be serving an express breakfast buffet dining option Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 10 a.m.
I am excited to showcase one of our new weekly special bite recipes for our express breakfast buffet. What I like about this recipe is it’s easy to prepare and tastes as good as it looks. These hash brown nests are the perfect dish for a weekend brunch!
This recipe also allows the home chef to be very creative. They can add different types of cheese and meat options or seafood to the scrambled eggs. I am a big bacon fan, so I made them with cooked bacon and cheddar cheese.
The hash brown nests are whimsical and fun to eat, and a delicious grab and go dish for the whole family.
Yields 12 portions
10 ounces pre-shredded hash brown potatoes
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons flour
1\2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
4 ounces cooked sausage meat, crumbled
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 large eggs, prepared scrambled
Fresh chives for garnish
Making the nests and eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the hash brown potatoes, lightly beaten egg, flour, sweet onion, cooked sausage meat, parmesan cheese and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon potato mixture into the prepared muffin cups until about 1/3 full. Press the potato mixture down in the middle and up the sides of each cup.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes.
- While the potato nests are baking, take the 6 large eggs and scrabble them to the desired doneness.
Spoon equal amounts of the scrambled eggs into each nest cup and garnish with fresh chives.