Grants of up to $10K available to businesses impacted by COVID response
Another $300,000 has been added to the grant fund available for Marysville small businesses that have suffered financial loss from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Marysville City Council approved that action at its Oct. 12 meeting.
Marysville CARES Business Relief Grants of up to $10,000 may be awarded to businesses that meet these criteria:
- Located within Marysville city limits,
- Current Marysville business license,
- Have fewer than 50 full-time employees or equivalent, including owner,
- Experienced interruptions, loss of sales, closure or curtailed operations, or other negative financial impacts due to restrictions imposed to address COVID-19, and
- In business since on or before Jan. 1, 2020.
Grant funds may be used to pay for wages, rent/mortgage, utilities, debt payments, insurance, cost of goods or supplies for which your business has not received previous COVID-19 funding relief. Grants do not need to be repaid.
Grants are distributed on a first come, first served basis and we expect to give out all available funds. Eligible businesses are encouraged to apply soon at www.marysvillewa.gov/CARESBusinessGrants.
As of Oct. 15, the city had awarded just over $645,750 in federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act funds to Marysville small businesses. With this addition, about another $400,000 remains available.