Apply by March 1 for CDBG-funded Marysville CARES grants
Grant applications are now open to fund public service activities that prepare, prevent and respond to the spread of infectious disease such as COVID-19. The deadline to apply is 4 p.m. Monday, March 1.
The city will award up to a total of $180,443 for eligible activities that:
- Support new businesses or business expansion to create jobs and manufacture medical supplies necessary to respond to infectious disease;
- Carry out job training to expand the pool of healthcare workers and techs to treat disease within the community;
- Provide testing, diagnosis, or other services at a fixed or mobile location;
- Provide equipment, supplies, and materials necessary to carry out a public service;
- Deliver meals on wheels to quarantined individuals or individuals who need to maintain social distancing due to medical vulnerabilities (must be a quantifiable increase to services currently being provided); or
- One-time emergency rental/mortgage assistance, for a period not exceed three months, to those experiencing loss of income/inability to pay rent or mortgage due to COVID-19.
Find eligibility details and the application form at https://www.marysvillewa.gov/434/Community-Development-Block-Grants.