A fire believed to have started with a wood stove heavily damaged a mobile home on  in the Snug Harbor Mobile Home Park. 

Marysville Fire District and Tulalip Bay firefighters were dispatched to a residential fire in the 4400 block of Meridian Avenue North shortly after 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 5. Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the roof of a mobile home and flames around the wood stove pipe inside the home. Two people inside the home had managed to escape unharmed. It took firefighters just over 10 minutes to extinguish the fire. 

A preliminary investigation by the Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was caused by an installation issue with the wood stove. The fire left approximately $15,000 in damage. 

As we continue to experience extremely cold temperatures, the Marysville Fire District reminds residents to use precautions while heating your home:

  • Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heating equipment, including a fireplace, furnace, wood stove or space heater.
  • Have a three-foot “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters.
  • Never use your oven to heat your home.
  • Have a qualified professional install stationary heating equipment.
  • Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.
  • Test your smoke alarms at least once a month.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.