The community’s help is needed to make sure hundreds of Marysville and Tulalip students have the tools they need to succeed. To help local children a School Supply Drive is currently underway. During the supply drive, which began July 1, community members can drop off critically needed school supplies to be distributed to the area’s most at-risk children. Every notebook and pencil can make a crucial difference for these kids in the upcoming school year.
Backpacks, pencils, paper and binders are among the most needed supplies. Find a general school supply list at https://bit.ly/msdsupplies or pick one up at the Marysville School District Service Center, 4220 80th Street NE.
You can drop off school supplies at any of the following locations through Aug. 9:
- City of Marysville Parks, Culture and Recreation, 6915 Armar Road.
- Marysville Community Food Bank, 4150 88th Street NE.
- Marysville School District Service Center, 4220 80th Street NE.
- Marysville Tulalip Chamber of Commerce, 8825 34th Avenue NE, Suite C.
- Tulalip Tribes Youth Services, 6700 Totem Beach Road.
- Any Marysville Fire District Station.
- Marysville Library, 6120 Grove Street.
- HomeStreet Bank, 1238 State Avenue.
- Heritage Bank, 1031 State Avenue.
- ProAction Physical Therapy, 6618 64th Street NE, Suite D.
“We are very thankful to our Marysville and Tulalip community partners for taking the lead to support our students and families in need through the School Supply Drive,” said Marysville School District Superintendent Jason Thompson. “This is yet another way that our community shows love and care for our youth and its citizens.”
If you are the parent or guardian of children in need of school supplies for the upcoming year, pick up an application from your child’s school or one of the following locations: Marysville School District Service Center, Salvation Army, Marysville Community Food Bank, city of Marysville Parks office, or Tulalip Tribes Youth Services. School supplies will be distributed by appointment at the Salvation Army office on Aug. 22 and 23.
The 2019 School Supply Drive is the result of a partnership among The Salvation Army, Marysville Community Food Bank, City of Marysville, Tulalip Tribes, Marysville School District, Marysville Fire District and Marysville Tulalip Chamber of Commerce.
For more information about the School Supply Drive, contact Jenny Roodzant, Salvation Army Social Services Coordinator, at 360-926-2228 or Jenny.Roodzant@usw.salvationarmy.org.